Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
 Bow Sling Recomendation???? >

Bow Sling Recomendation????

Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Bow Sling Recomendation????

Old 08-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Bow Sling Recomendation????

In years past I have found myself 3 miles back in the woods after dark and thought it sure would be nice to have a bow sling for the hike back to camp. I don't intend to ever have it on while I am hunting. Any recomendations?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:49 PM

Default RE: Bow Sling Recomendation????

That's just something else to pack in. If your bow is anything like mine(no stabilizer) you can turn it with the sightpointing down and put it on your shoulder. Mine realy sits there well. I wouldsurely still keep a hand on it at all times but there is no strain on your arms. Try it sometime.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not a resale for Primos. but i really like there bow sling.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Primos also and love it.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:06 PM

Make your own like I did. I took a piece of web belt 2" wide and sewed a loop on each end with 3/8" web. Then sew a piece of 1/2" between the 2" piece so it makes a "hole" to put your head/shoulder through. Make the 2" piece to fit the ATA of your bow with the loops sewn on it, and the loops big enough to go over your wheel/cam easily. Sew on one side of the 1/2" piece, pull it across to where you want it and sew it on. Takes about 20 minutes ona sewing machine.

The loops go over your cam/wheel at each end of your bow, the cross piece between the 2" piece keeps it from sagging on your hip. You put it on by putting one arm and your head through the hole. It takes up very little room, and is hands free to carry your bow. To take your bow off, just take the loop off the top wheel, and move the bow up and forward, the back cam falls right out of the loop.

They make a commercial version of this, but mine only cost $6 to get the material at the surplus store. They carry the web at a hiking store too.