Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Airgun Hunting
I'm now having a dialog with a certain OK game warden via email: dove death by Gamo >

I'm now having a dialog with a certain OK game warden via email: dove death by Gamo

Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

I'm now having a dialog with a certain OK game warden via email: dove death by Gamo

Old 10-31-2021, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
I will try to go to bat for all Oklahomans longing to take doves via air rifle. I will need to formulate a sound argument for my cause to the game-regs czars of my state. I will have to harp on all the virtues of air gunning. Oklahoma does allow archery equipment for dove already so the argument that others can't hear the weapon discharge out of safety concerns is not valid.
This is commendable and to be encouraged. One word of advice: don't overwhelm the game warden except with the most necessary questions. I'd focus on this: what would be the process of getting the regs changed? Who would need to be contacted, lobbied, etc.? Then it's a matter of developing a successful strategy to convince them.

I would imagine a you'd need a big petition and work to forge alliances with Oklahoma hunting groups and associations, air-gunning groups, maybe even environmental groups that recognize the problem of an invasive species, etc. I could see you and others working with you renting tables at outdoor shows, gun shows, shooting ranges, etc.

I'd also focus less on the noise argument. Most people will be worried most of all about safety, or be saying this will lead to shooting native mourning doves or plinking birds off power lines.

Last edited by Father Forkhorn; 10-31-2021 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mrbb is just trying to spite me. If I were to say sliced bread was ideal for making sandwiches as opposed to two meadow muffins with meat and cheese between them he would still go against me. Mrbb, how do sandwiches with cow flops really taste?
WELL< I guess you know it all, why bother even posting things at all, if you know so much!

I have never posted SPITE YOU
I have offered valid information on your nonsense, BUT I have also tried to get you to show your true colors, in which you NEVER do anything you talk about on forums!
YOU belong to many forums now,
and on ALL of them, you have been called out as a troll and a nonsense maker in ALL your posts, TODD!( I can provide links if you like , but have not done so due to NOT being spite ful)
OR how about the FACT IO Tried PM ing you so not to make you look a fool on the open forum, yet you forget that too??

SO< before you go thinking its ME< , someone with REAL experience in doing things, and you that have NONE!

, again, maybe you need to look closer at yourself
and stop being such a troll and adding such nonsense
and actually get out there in the REAL world and start doing things m, over just considering them and talking about ODD matters NO one but you really care about altering !

as for now, you are just faker and a want a be, that does nothing butt type odd things about odd things, and never follow thru on anything,
which is why I gather your life is what it is, unfulfilled, and your trying NOW to CONSIDER all the things in life you DIDN"T do
yet still lat the drive and will to do!

and as so MANY others,(this site and all the others your are on, ALL OF THEM)
Your just a troll wanting attention, and my time playing with you killing time has ended!
you will have to go back to being lonely with your odd thoughts all by yourself!

Old 10-31-2021, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mrbb is just trying to spite me. If I were to say sliced bread was ideal for making sandwiches as opposed to two meadow muffins with meat and cheese between them he would still go against me. Mrbb, how do sandwiches with cow flops really taste?
Actually, mrbb asked you some questions based on your admitted lack of hunting experience, admission that you don't own an airgun and presumption that you haven't fired one. You chose not to answer his questions and instead changed the subject. Then you decided to insult him and claim he's just trying to spite you. If you go back and reread all of the topic, you can see that mrbb is providing the most answers to your questions and even some helpful advice on how to interact with game wardens, etc. You apparently didn't like his answers and then claimed he's trying to spite you.

You don't seem to like it when you ask a question and people answer differently than you're expecting. If you don't want people's honest opinions, stop asking them questions. Like mrbb, I've noticed that you don't respond to answers or opinions about your questions. You just change the subject and then ask more questions. Based on what I've read, it would appear that you are not interested in other people's answers, opinions or expertise (including that OK Game warden). That's your prerogative but don't be surprised if people stop answering your questions. Most people would consider your responses rude and just stop trying to help you. I'm guessing you've encountered that before and still haven't figured out how to change that.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

Oklahoma allows for the death of dove by bow and arrow. How asinine! My grandfather hated the notion of even taking DEER with archery equipment let alone feathered critters on the wing. He thought scopes on hunting rifles unsportmanlike to boot. A scope on a deer rifle was seen as cheating. He thought guys who would fire a 22 at deer to be idiots. He was a proponent of BB guns and pellet guns for young American boys to have fun with. You know, that Daisy Red Ryder sort of stuff commonly shot in backyards. He was proponent of the 22 for target shooting and small game like rabbits. He told me a rifle is never used to shoot a duck: it will be blown to kingdom come if you even hit it in the air. He told me shotguns are for birds. I don't know if he would approve of air guns for dove today. He died in 1980.

It seems to me that an air gun is a highly efficient, cost-effective, livestock-friendly and landowner-friendly method to harvest dove. The OK game department might even have disdain toward the air gun for that purpose because it is possibly viewed as much too efficient in their eyes. They might see it as potential "dove decimator". It's just too easy to greatly imact the dove population rapidly with the stealthy power of air compression, so they might think. They have not seen fit to legalize it for that purpose quite yet. They might see an air gun for a dove gun as cheating. Oklahoma expressly forbids slingshots for dove as well.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 10-31-2021 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now I am asking them their REASONING behind their regs. I am a taxpayer in this state. I have the God-given right to voice my mind. I have the right also to voice my mind to my elected officials. No, I am not liking what I am hearing from the game warden so far. I am arguing in favor of my point of view to those in power. I hate it whenever there is too much government out in the game fields God gave humans to hunt on. I'm hoping others here will sympathize with me and join me in my quest. Until I get my way in this my home state regarding air gun hunting, I'm not so interested in taking up air guns at this point. I want them for putting dove in the freezer and on the barbie and for no other reason. First, the American hunting community has to get their respective state lawmakers to accept air guns for whatever ethical reason they want them for specifically before it would be even feasible for them to take up this sport. I'm not interested in rats, gophers, squirrels or paper as air gun targets alone. I don't eat crow or possum. But I digress. You must argue to the authorities all the VIRTUES of air gunning. Try to beat logic into their thick skulls. I wish there was an air gun hunting lobby. I want to be an activist and start a whole new air gun movement, perhaps a lobby. Please tell me how to do it.
Here is a newsflash for you Jonesy, not one care about your point of view when you are wrong, It is hard to believe the Warden is still entertaining your nonsense! Your knowledge of hunting is dubious and yet you want to argue with people who have a good understanding of hunting and the rules that govern the same.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 10-31-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mrbb, I'm finding conversation with the OP to be pointless and will leave it to you to continue offering answers if you choose. You have more patience than me. Best of luck.

Last edited by elkman30; 10-31-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, we all know what you can't fix!
Old 10-31-2021, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by elkman30
Mrbb, I'm finding conversation with the OP to be pointless and will leave it to you to continue offering answers if you choose. You have more patience than me. Best of luck.
Elkman, don't you have some hunting to do on this Halloween Sunday? Maybe take some little devils out at night to gather some tooth-decay promotion material by the orange-pumpkin bagful.

Old 10-31-2021, 02:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jones left the building would be a good thing!
Old 09-28-2022, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by elkman30
I don't understand why Jones would refer to the DWC Captain as having a thick skull when the captain answered every one of his questions and was extremely helpful. Why insult the man when he went out of his way to be helpful to you with answers to all of your questions? I would imagine Oklahoma is like every other state in that the wildlife departments don't make the game laws, just enforce them. If you want to change something, you would need to contact your representative in the state legislature. It's one thing to post about issues in your state. It's entirely another thing to ask those of us who don't live in your state to find answers in your state for you. That comes across as lazy and entitled since you live in Oklahoma and we do not. Unfortunately, many of your posts come across that way--asking the rest of us to research stuff in your state. And bashing the Wildlife department captain who went out of his way to answer your questions and be helpful to you shows a distinct lack of class and manners and is just plain rude.
Why is anyone surprised at Jones's response to the game warden? We have all seen his posts before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.