Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Airgun Hunting
I broke my Air Arms TX200 >

I broke my Air Arms TX200

Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

I broke my Air Arms TX200

Old 10-26-2021, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I broke my Air Arms TX200

After 8000+ rounds I broke it. I was shooting pop bottles hung from tree limbs at 75 yards. All of a sudden it wouldn't cock. Nothing worked so I took it home, got out my Air Arms master rebuild kit. In less time than it took to make this post it was rebuilt and back shooting. The big reason I bought the TX200 over other rifles was how easy it was to rebuild. For the price of a rebuild kit I can keep the rifle going on my own.
When I took it apart the first thing I noticed was the new spring was much longer.

The next, I looked at was the spring guide rod. This was where the problem was. This is the new one, notice the top and how crisp, and sharp the lines are.

This picture is of the worn out guide rod. Notice all the metal missing at the top.

The wear on the guide rod was what was keeping the gun from cocking. I went ahead and replaced all the wear parts. The picture below is the seal and bearings.

It's all back together and shooting great. I am shocked at how easy it is to rebuild. There are a few other high end spring guns. But after watching the rebuild video's I know I made the right choice.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

That's impressive Ron! Being able to rebuild your airgun so quickly and inexpensively is a major plus for any airgun. Congrats!
Old 11-14-2021, 09:25 AM
Spike

It's great to watch someone rebuilding it's airgun on its own. I hope it was a great experience for you to do that on your own.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by faseh67
It's great to watch someone rebuilding it's airgun on its own. I hope it was a great experience for you to do that on your own.
It was a good experience. Being able to rebuild them on my own is awesome.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Out of curiosity Ron, how much was the rebuild kit?
Old 11-16-2021, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Out of curiosity Ron, how much was the rebuild kit?
It was 65.00 dollars. The rebuild kit Includes steel mainspring, spring guide, forward spring guide (top hat), grease, Napier gun oil and selection of essential seals (piston seal, front and rear piston bearing seals and both breech seals)
Old 11-16-2021, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

That's actually very reasonable and makes that air rifle quite affordable.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
That's actually very reasonable and makes that air rifle quite affordable.
It really does. Most air guns are not serviceable unless a guy has specialty tools and spring compressors.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

I completely agree. If you think about it, being able to repair your airgun for $65 after firing 8,000 pellets through it is almost like buying another TX200 refurbished for way less than half price.
Old 10-24-2022, 02:20 AM
Spike

We all have the same opinion. Come to think of it, fixing a $65 airgun after firing her 8,000 pellets is like buying a second her TX200 for less than half the price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.