Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Airgun Hunting
.22 VS .25 for a small game hunting rifle? >

.22 VS .25 for a small game hunting rifle?

Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

.22 VS .25 for a small game hunting rifle?

Old 08-17-2019, 05:51 PM
Spike

Default .22 VS .25 for a small game hunting rifle?

Hi Guys, what are your thoughts about the best cal .22 VS .25 for a hunting PCP air rifle? I'm hunting a lot (%95) squirrels and a few rabbits here and there. What's your pick and why?
Old 08-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

My pick is .22 cal. I would take a 25 if Air Arms made one that would produce at least 600 FPS.
A low powered gun can take game. Accuracy is the key. My rifle only produces 14 FPE. I have killed chucks out to 120 yards. brain shots are the key.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Ron's the real deal Mike. You'd be amazed how many shots he's made with that Air Arms and how low maintenance it is. Look up some of his past topics in this forum as Ron has shared a lot of info. If you're still looking at going with a PCP, based on your anticipated quarry, you could use either a 22 or 25. If you're looking for something quieter, there's some really good shrouded PCPs and piston guns like Ron's. Right now is a golden age for air guns.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Spike

I would rather go for .22 cal. I have always found it best for hunting squirrels, you just need a bit accuracy.