Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

Frog hunting

Old 03-19-2020, 08:29 PM
Spike

Why not? You may kill the frog, but the previous speakers are right, you need to be really orderly.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not all frogs are good for eating. Don't just go shoot them for the sake of shooting them. If you want to eat them then try to find bullfrogs.
Old 11-14-2021, 09:14 AM
Spike

Hunting frogs seems weird to me maybe it's because i am listening to it very first time. But best of luck to you mate. Hopefully we'll get to hear from your frog hunting story.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:07 PM
Spike

Frog hunting? What? This is the first time I am hearing this
Old 08-05-2022, 04:31 AM
Spike

Back in the 60's we used BB's on frogs and way too many times the stunned frog would come back to life in the sack, or worse, before we could get to them. We had to use a billy to be humane. We found that the absolute best way to harvest frogs was with a pellet gun that allows the pellet to be fired backward. This enormous hollow-point acted like a cookie cutter and removed the contacted tissue. Very few frogs suffered from then on.
We collected frog legs all summer for a big feed with a fish fry before school started.

Last edited by BrianL58; 08-05-2022 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:11 AM
Spike

when i was much younger we hunted frogs with our 22 rifles . illegal even then . in my experience any shot that did not kill the frog would jump into water and swim off . we would watch carefully to see where it went. clear water country. one trip we got about 30 nice big ones . one of the guys uncle cooked them for us. and his wife and 3 kids we had a feast..