Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Airgun Hunting
the best place to hunt for Squirrels >

the best place to hunt for Squirrels

Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

the best place to hunt for Squirrels

Old 01-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Spike

Default the best place to hunt for Squirrels

Hi guy i am new to Marlyand and lived in Baltimore.. I am looking for the place to hunt Squirrels and rabbits but i dont know any places to hunt them so i will really be appreciate if you guy can help me out here.. Any place in Maryland.. and i kind of prefer within Baltimore or near baltimore.. Thank You
Old 01-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

You want to hunt in Baltimore!! You must have a death wish walking around Baltimore with a firearm. Since you posted in the air gun forum you will need to make sure it is legal in MD to hunt small game with an air gun. You will also have to take and pass a hunter education class and pass a test in order to buy a hunting license.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the "hunting within Baltimore" is definitely out and probably even with an air gun. Welcome to the site and good luck finding a place to hunt because access is the biggest threat to our hunting heritage.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Apek I'd say get your hunting license and there is WMA and state forest in me that you can hunt... As far as near bore not sure closes place I can think of might be gun powder state park in rising sun...
Old 03-28-2016, 01:14 AM
Spike

I also find a place to hunt, I live in Boston
Old 03-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

wish you were closer to me, I have about 20-25 of them gray squirrels in my back yard(hunting allowed, NO air guns legal to hunt here however) but would love to see them get taken out!
they suck my bird feeders dry way too fast! and bury 90% of what they take and it just goes to waste
but I'm a 4+ hrs from Baltimore
Old 03-28-2016, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just live trap them using salted peanuts in the shell and take them for a ride in the country. Use a piece of wire and wire a peanut towards the back of the treadle, then throw one or two on the ground outside the trap and another inside, the squirrel will eat those and when he tries to get the one wired fast the trap will spring. Make sure you cross a stream or river before you release them.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 03-28-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I think you have to kill live trapped animals here. I am pretty sure trapping and trucking a live one is illegal in my state.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

In my state only certain animals must be killed after trapping, namely furbearing animals that are known to be common rabies vectors. Squirrels or rabbits are not included as they are game animals and the incidence of rabies in them is miniscule, since the odds of them living after an attack by a rabid cat, fox or coon are very small. However, good point, one should check with their game department to find out what the law is. I couldn't begin to give you a number of the squirrels and rabbits I relocated other than a whole lot.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Rabbits..... boy that must have been an exercise in futility. ya gotta get them all . Miss one and it is a preggo female ready to burst.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.