Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Airgun Hunting
the best place to hunt for Squirrels >

the best place to hunt for Squirrels

Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

the best place to hunt for Squirrels

Old 02-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

It is done
Old 03-23-2017, 10:03 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
wish you were closer to me, I have about 20-25 of them gray squirrels in my back yard(hunting allowed, NO air guns legal to hunt here however) but would love to see them get taken out!
they suck my bird feeders dry way too fast! and bury 90% of what they take and it just goes to waste
but I'm a 4+ hrs from Baltimore
20-25. You've got an infestation!

Squirrels should not reach such high numbers in such a small space... lot's of places need more squirrel hunters!

I hunt squirrels in big woods, for the challenge. They're smart, fast, low in numbers. When I tell people I hunt squirrels, a lot of them laugh, cause they think they are everywhere, and not afraid of people. That's because there are way too many in high populated areas, like cities, and they are not afraid of humans there.

Hunting squirrels can be both fun and challenging.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, he doesn't have an infestation! He lives in an urban area where hunting cannot occur, additionally, people have bird feeders out and since squirrels are rodents they breed like rodents and have lots of young each year. The reason he has so many squirrels is because there is enough feed available to take care of them because of bird feeders. If there was not so much food the squirrels would disperse to other areas. It is just one more example of mans interference in nature. These kinds of populations rarely happen in the real wild where the amount of food available is a control of the population of squirrels. I feed birds as do many people in my neighborhood and have experienced an overpopulation of squirrels in the neighborhood. Knowing I am part of the problem instead of complaining about the squirrels I live trapped and relocated about 40 squirrels in two years and stopped when the number of them was reasonable for the size of our neighborhood. When people provide food for wildlife they have no control over which wildlife will be taking advantage of that food and they should know that they are the problem, not the wildlife, if they create an over population problem, they should be part of the solution.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Spike

To make a squirrel feeder, nail a 6 in section of 2x4 to a tree vertically. Then take a 1x6 and nail it to the top of the 2x4. put a long nail all the way through the 1x6 wiith the point up. Take a dry ear of corn and stick it on the nail.Happy hunting!
camping guide
Old 09-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Banned

I think the "hunting within Baltimore" is definitely out and probably even with an air gun. Welcome to the site and good luck finding a place to hunt because access is the biggest threat to our hunting heritage.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Spike

Default Wish I could help.

Originally Posted by apek
Hi guy i am new to Marlyand and lived in Baltimore.. I am looking for the place to hunt Squirrels and rabbits but i dont know any places to hunt them so i will really be appreciate if you guy can help me out here.. Any place in Maryland.. and i kind of prefer within Baltimore or near baltimore.. Thank You
Hope you find a place soon.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:23 AM
Spike

ish you were closer to me, I have about 20-25 of them gray squirrels in my back yard(hunting allowed, NO air guns legal to hunt here however) but would love to see them get taken out!