HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2nd NC Gobbler with a Bow!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Pat_Ely
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2nd NC Gobbler with a Bow!

Not sure what pop up blind I was using but NC Hunter can probably tell you that since it was his blind. I used my Darton Magnum Extreme with 100 grain muzzy 4 blade. I had actually stepped off the distance and placed the decoysd in the field. I was set up on the edge of the field under an over hanging tree limb. The field was approx. 40 acres. We did know where the birds were roosting so it kinda made it easy as to where to set the blind up and the decoys. I know alot of people say that rainy days aren't worth getting up for but I say the birds are still there they can't come indoors to get out fo the rain. I know a rain jacket to get to the spot and the use of the blind made all of the difference. The blind kept me pretty dry while I was waiting. I shot him around 0650-0700. I was back at the truck and nestled in and napping by 0730 while NC hunter and whiteknight were patiently waiting for another gobbler to come out of the timber. As you can tell it was raining pretty hard he is soaked.