HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New WA Turkey Hunter Needs Help!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 02:29 AM
Bldhound

Default RE: New WA Turkey Hunter Needs Help!

CamoKing,

If you're crazy enough to go chasin birds all over the country side then I guess I'm crazy enough to give ya some advice.

Clark's All-Sports is having a turkey hunting seminar during next week put on by Primos. I'll call over there & find out when the seminar is & let you know. It's a good idea to attend one & hear what all they have to say. READ all you can on the turkey boards here & get creative on your searches for turkey hunting knowledge on the web.................read read read. Get a call or two & practice practice practice(you dont have to be a calling champion to kill turkeys). Ask questions at the seminar. Ask around to see if your NWTF banquet has been held already in your area(great place to network) if not go to it. Here is the worlds biggest secret as far as turkey hunting goes(note to self best seller book idea right here) : The only thing that is different than a great turkey hunter & a beginer is........................a great turkey hunter has gone out there in the field/woods & learned from their mistakes. They learned what works & they work it hard, they dont give up, they get it done.

We all make mistakes in the woods hunting but we learn from them, adapt our methods & hone our skills into better turkey hunters.