HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ac axis, a/c super slim, MZE WB
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 06:16 PM
max the dog

Default RE: ac axis, a/c super slim, MZE WB

I shot the Axis super slims through a whisker biscuit this season and yes it will hold onto that slim arrow quite well. I've nothing but compliments for the biscuit but the arrows are a personal preference. Slim they are and yes they do fly like lazers but I did find a few problems. As bearklr said the inserts can be a pain to get in there. Eventually I had a bow shop do it for me. I had to use the narrowest field points for practice but was unable to find broadheads that fit. I just had to make do with what I had (Crimson Talon). I took 2 does and a buck during the Illinois bow season with them. One was a perfect 40 yard heart and double lung hit that dropped the deer in 10 yards from the point of impact. If I didn't say it before they are very staight and flat shooting arrows. I just found them to be too light and fragile for my preference. Even if they aren't bothered by the wind the slightest twig, leaf or grass blade will deflect these arrow. I had 2 break and one was in taking the buck. It penetrated one side, hit the shoulder bone on the far side, and cracked right behind the broadhead. When I recovered the arrow I thought I missed and hit a tree but did find a small blood trail. 200 yards later the deer bunched up with my broadhead still in it. The inside was a mess but it scarecly bleed because it did not pass through.