HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Criggster

Default Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood

AHHH, today was truly a wonderful day in the neighborhood. The wife is gone this weekend to visit the in-laws, and I decided to go trout fishing. Got 7 of them and had to quit. It started raining just before I left the water.

I drove up the road a few miles, and saw a flock of turkeys in a river bottom. When
I slowed down they took off runnung. But, they stopped near the road. I pulled off on the road side and looked at them through binoculars. There were 22 total and two big toms in the bunch. Both had 10"+ beards. I could clearly see the biggest ones spurs and they looked impressive!

Drove around the next curve and saw 4 more turkeys in a field. They looked to be small toms and jakes. I continued driving and got to the interstate; halfway back home I looked over in a field and saw 3 more gobblers! Wow!!! I could not believe the number of turkeys I saw on this trip. I also saw five deer eating grass on the side of the interstate. All of these sights coupled with my limit of trout made my weekend!