HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbows In Kentucky
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 09:59 AM
kevin1
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Crossbows In Kentucky

Arthur ,
I took up bow hunting last year nearly 100% because I first took my crossbow out and hunted . I had never bow hunted or considered it before then . To demand that I or anyone else embrace a weapon we may not even want simply because that's your opinion is selfish and childish of you . You're not my Daddy , nor do you make the regs for my state . I follow the regs of my state , and I hunt with what is legal . That is my responsibility to the law , it also satisfies my ethics .

My state won't place the crossbow in a firearm season because it obviously isn't a firearm , and your opinion notwithstanding , they put it where it belongs , in an ARCHERY season . So long as that situation exists I have every intent of enjoying the added opportunity and choice that this allows .

The citizens of Kentucky gave their input , and their F&G department listened . They also examined the needs of the resource and the potential financial impact . Well before it was done they asked the organized hunting clubs for their opinion as well , and just like Alabama those folks assumed too much and then tried to claim that they got backdoored . In the end F&G always has the last word , not us . They have many factors to weigh before making changes , and those factors were weighed . They already had a crossbow season , and bow hunters were also allowed to hunt then . Now the crossbow has been allowed to be used anytime a bow is and that's wrong ? Spare me .

Better start watching your own back yard , it's coming there too , and sooner than you think .