HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It's time we all join PETA
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 07:28 AM
rem7400 2

Default RE: It's time we all join PETA

ORIGINAL: moosehornhunter

Hey Rem....Go f$ck yourself
Good morning Moose. I'm gonna hafta decline your suggestion. I find it more amusing to "****" with you as you so delicatley put it.
So, have you beat anybody up yet today? No? That's okay, the day is still young.

On a more serious note, PETA is a dangerous organization. Even though hunters and the general public recognize them for the nut job extremist that they are, they still use the courts successfully to challenge and endanger our rights to hunt. Any proposal to join them is ludicrous. I'm glad that Moose has backtracked on his earlier statements and I think the proposal for a organization like HETA is a good one. The real solution is for every state to pass right to hunt legislation and this is currently happening. Unfortunately there are many activist judges legislating from the bench and a solution has to be found for this problem. Activist judges that ignore the constitution and the will of the people have overstepped their boundries. IMHO, this is the real problem.
There are many organizations that promote safe and ethical hunting but I'm not aware of any that reach out to the public for the sole purpose of showing the good that hunters do without being offensive to nonhunters at the same time by way of talking about technigues, etc. on how to kill more animals. Properly structured, HETA could be a great way to educate the nonhunting public. That should be it's only focus, to educate the nonhunting public.

Moose, it's been fun but I'm gonna have to move on dude. The verbal jousting is starting to get a little creepy. Sort of like internet stalking or something. You take care of yourself, be cool and try to keep the body count down to one a day.