HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where to hunt in Northern Maine
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 11:55 AM
moosehornhunter

Default RE: Where to hunt in Northern Maine

Portage....I have read and re read your post where you imply that I am full of "bunk". Your right....the deer are wicked smart where you hunt. They don't leave tracks any more, and they don't cross roads. They must be educated. Are you kidding me. And if you had to drive 50 miles of roads before you saw a track my friend, your either full of it or blind.
Thanks for sticking up for me Maineguide....at least i know somebody else knows how to hunt here. My guess is ol'portage rides the roads....come on ol' boy....fess up now great white hunter.
The one and only difference that i have found that sets Maine apart from all other places I have hunted is this; if you jump a deer and he goes.....you can forget about it. For some reason, they don't stop running in northern Maine. I don't care how good you think you are, you won't catch up to em. The last one I bumped and followed went a solid half mile in a full on bounding sprint. I followed him for at least three more miles and that sucker never even slowed down from a full run to check his back.
Everything I have written in this post is gospel. If you want to kill a big un' in the Maine woods, listen to what i have told you, and reap the rewards. Ya see...I am not interested in charging for my advise like the benoits, and quite honestly, they have nothing on me....I do believe I would hunt those boys to death.