HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antoher interesting Stat on Boone and Crockett WT Deer
Old 02-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Outdoor
Fork Horn

Default RE: Antoher interesting Stat on Boone and Crockett WT Deer

Doctor Death you hit the nail on the head...I travel also and would NEVER pay the numbers some of these outfitters are asking. I know most of them work very hard and those that do deserve what they make.. It's just getting out of hand. It's great to get a big whitetail but lets be honest whitetails are everywhere. There is a outfitter on this site who list a "great price" on monster whitetails...when you compare apples to apples it's really not a "great price".
Everywhere in Canada that I have hunted I have done very well..but I refuse to pay over $2500..I can hunt in the states and knock down some respectable bucks. Maine and Upstate NY has some huge deer you just have to put in the effort. I now have heard (not certain) that the american dollar will not be worth what it was and therefore hunts in Canada will be going up.
Just my opinion .... I think they will all outprice themselves, more and more hunters will get together with fellow hunters stay in the states, travel by car, get a out of state license and "find" different areas to hunt whitetails for under 1000.00 when all said and done.