HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hard decision!!!!!!! switchback os allegiance
Old 02-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Blodg

Default RE: hard decision!!!!!!! switchback os allegiance

newman, they are both great bows and both great manufacturers. I shot as many bows as I could to get a feel for what I liked and then made my decision on what was the most comfortable. You are the only one who can truly determine which is the best fit for you. There are not many pros and cons between these two because they are so similiar.
-Price is similiar
-Noise is similiar although some say the SB may be a tad quieter
- Vibration is similiar
- Speed the advantage goes to the Allegiance by 10 or 15 FPS, not significant for hunting, for 3D maybe
- 1 cam versus the binary - the jury is still out on this one. I don't like the long string on the one-cams and I think Bowtech has something with the new binary cam and this is one reason I went with the Allegiance. Many people like the feel of the binary cam, some prefer the feel of a one-cam and its all personal preference.
- Grip - the bowtech has a thin grip while the SB has a more rounded and contoured grip. I personally can't stand the grip on the Mathews.
- Other things like axle-to-axle, brace height are almost identical.
- availability - the advantage may go to Mathews here, I am hearing at least a 6 week wait for an Allegiance but that may depend on if you can find you DL in stock somewhere.

Let us know what you think when you have tried them.