HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which scope for my rifle?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 11:06 PM
aaronkash

Default RE: Which scope for my rifle?

I must say, I am very, very appreciative for all of the responses. I feel lucky to have stumbled across such a great resource. To start, I don't have my heart set on a Luepold, it was just an idea. From word of mouth and reading, it seems to be the most popular scope brand. However, it seems that if I were to go that route, I woud at least need to purchase a VX-II or -III. So the question becomes is whether I should pay the ~$270+ for one of these scopes, or go with the Nikon my friend is offering for $100 bucks even? It seems that the Nikon Monarchs recieve very good reviews, and that the magnification will work just fine for the game I have in mind (although I am slightly concerned about lighting - will this hold up in darker times of the day?). Is it necessary to spend another ~170 bucks for a Leupold? Also, that combo deal with the Burris seems like a pretty good deal. I was hoping to get some of your guys' views on that. Is it really a good deal and a good scope? Does it compare or surpass the Nikon I have available? It seems like I'm narrowing it down to about three different ones: the nikon 2-7x32 monarch, a leupold (at least vx-II) with similar magnification, or this Burris combo deal. I would greatly apprecaite some advice on this. And again, I'm not set on any of these three scopes, I'm still open to suggestions. Thanks!
-Aaron