HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:36 AM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Everyone,

Remember my post about a month ago, where I mentioned that big Simmons Pro Hunter 4-12x40 scope that I had and sold on Ebay? A guy up in British Columbia, Canada won it. No problems, everything went great, paid in full, feedback profile done, etc...etc...

Then, the "red tape" started with UPS Ground shipping to Canada. Everything was done and processed with UPS, paperwork done, customs clearance documents done, yada yada yada....

The rifle scope made it all the way into Vancouver, B.C. and Canadian customs denied it and kicked it back. It came back to the USA for further paperwork and for other reasons unknown. The USA sent it back across the border, apparantly telling Canada "Excuse me, duh!! It's only a rifle scope!" Canada came back saying, "Sorry, it is a firearm accessory and we don't allow firearm shipping to Canada". Take it back".

USA: What? it's only a flippin' scope!
Canada: Doesn't matter. It's a "firearm accessory".
USA: It's a scope, obtainable anywhere, you can buy one over the counter at K-Mart!
Canada: Still doesn't matter. It's legally deemed a "firearm accessory". Sorry...

Anyway, as you see, the USA and Canada have been playing Volleyball with the Simmons rifle scope!!!! Now the latest word I got from UPS is the rifle scope is flatly denied in customs and is marked "return to sender - unacceptable item". [:@]

So long story short.... For anyone who is buying or selling to Canada, let this post be a huge "Heads Up" for you all. It doesn't matter with UPS, FedEx, DHL, Airborne Express, Post Office, or whatever carrier service.... Canadian Customs service will flatly deny anything that is deemed a firearm accessory!!! [:@]

Butch A.