HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MORNING HUNTING
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 12:53 PM
BowHuntingFool
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MORNING HUNTING

I like to be in my stand and quiet with 45 minutes till legal shooting time! Depending on your spot. I hunt in the hard woods off a field and the deer naturally come off the field just before light. So I set my stand a few hundred yards down the trail. If I set to close to the field they come thru before legal shooting time! I like this spot because there is no need to get there any earlier, a North wind and I'm in deer heaven!!! Just get to your spot/trails that you know deer are using and see if they come thru earlier or sit later and see if they come thru later! If your seeing no deer either time, change spots! They also could be night time trails! This was a big help to me is not being afraid to move your stand location.

Example:
Here is a view from my morning stand that i KNOW the deer are using! It snowed hard for about a hour just before day light and when I got to my stand around 11am this trail in the snow was already there telling me the deer use this in the morning coming off the field! Which I already knew. Sometimes the day/evening trails may differ even if only 20 yards! JMO