HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gotta find a new one
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Bukmastr
Typical Buck

Default RE: Gotta find a new one

A couple years back there was a huge nontypical buck liveing in a public marsh I was hunting, I watched him all summer and even video taped him. During the early bow season I had him at 8 yards but couldn't get a shot through the thick brush. My neighbor ended up shooting him during the shotgun season. It would of scored 216 but he shot two points off knocking him down to 196 or something real close to that. The next year I get a picture on my deer cam of another huge buck with a 12 inch sticker point. Started watching the area and was able to film him several times but he stayed just out of range. Then when the pre-rut came he got into a good pattern on a scrape line but I had to wait for the right wind. I wanted to film him after hunting one night so Me and my son got the camera and spotlight ( Leagle for veiwing here) and drove over to the feild where he fed after dark. There he laid on the side of the road next to a smashed truck [:'(] and guess who's truck... Yep, the same neibor [:@]