HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - North Carolina Feral Hog Photos
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 11:38 AM
bfnc2003

Default RE: North Carolina Feral Hog Photos

One thing to remember about hogs!!.....Just because you dont see where theyve rooted up made wallows doesnt mean theyre not there. Hogs mostly destroy land when food is not readily available to them. In other words if the hog population is not dense you may or may not find any root lines. Down south in GA, SC, AL, FL....They have way more hogs than we have but areas that used to not see them are now overrun with them. We did this hunt kind of through a guy I met just chatting on the internet. He only had 125acres and we were able to keep them baited to where they were used to coming out right at dark. We killed 4 off the land and probably saw around 50 all together. Hogs are very elusive animals. Weve been seeing tracks on a farm near central NC for about 6 months now. They could just be moving through or bedding down in a cutover we have? Dunno???.....My point is there are hogs in NC ......Yes some spots are more overrun with them than others and other spots may not have none(right now )......You can be assured of one thing though if you live near any River, Creek, Stream you will find hogs there maybe not an abudance of them but once you start seeing tracks in 3-5 years youll be overrun with them!!.....I do several hog hunts a year all up and down the east coast. This spot we hunted in NC was the thickest Ive seen hogs in one area in a LONG TIME!!!..
They werent that thick in the LOWCOUNTRY of SC the last time I hunted there. This place was eat up with them. Everywhere you stepped on that 125acre plot of land had been rooted up one time or another. Allday long you could hear em squeeling and grunting in the thickets around our stands. It was amazing!!!....