HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:57 PM
vtbuckrulrss
Fork Horn

Default RE: butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

while bowhunting a couple of years ago, on the last day of the dec. season, i made a bad shot on a doe. i could see lots of blood in the snow, but she wouldn't quit. i tracked her from six at night until eleven, then went back after her at five in the morning. when i caught up to het at seven, i could tell she had had enough. her tracks had said she was running on only three legs, that was why she didn't give in, the shot had been just a whisker low. when i approached her, she stood up and stood her ground, she was p.o. , tired, and had had enough, i suppose. and so i took out my six inch fixed blade, kept the doe in front, had at her spine with it. i missed, she wasn't impressed. tried again, both tries hit, but not what i wanted them to. now, she is really mad at me. the third try, as i stepped back i slipped on the cuffs of my wool pants, and that was all it took, she was all over me. thank god i didn't drop on my back, bum leg or not that deer was making all sorts of noises i didn't think a deer could make! it ended soon after that, she and i had a meeting of the minds, and what was on her mind didn't matter to me.