HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - big money taking your hunting ground?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 09:23 PM
nosfedgta
Fork Horn

Default RE: big money taking your hunting ground?

I moved to ga from ny. it was a real wake up call for me. In Ny I could hunt lots of places. state land local farms etc. When i moved to ga it was a totally different ball game. every piece of land is leased, private, or a wma. There is hardly any "open public land" to hunt on where I live. Well I met a few people and made some friends. Then I save a little money and joined a friends hunting club. They have had the club for over 30 years as of 2004. I joined in 2002. well the land was wherhauser timber property. I twas sold this year and now we have no place to hunt in 2005. Some of the guys have friends and family, but myself and my friend have no place to hunt this year. It cost us 365.00 a year and we had 500 acres. It was worht the money,but now we are having a hard time finding a place to hunt. there are some openings in clubs but they are like $500-$1000 a year. That is just to much for me. I am not sure what I am going to do this year. So I know wehre youa re coming from.