HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help!!! Mount ready in 3 weeks ???
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:02 PM
whipple

Default Help!!! Mount ready in 3 weeks ???

I have hunted for several years and never got a big, BIG,buck. This year I did. So of course I want to get it mounted. I have never had anything mounted and I just started inquiring around my area for a good price yet quality work. From all that I have been told down through the years and read here on the forum, everyone sends their hides off to be tanned and this is a big part of the time involved. So, I was really shocked when I spoke to this lady on the phone today and she told me she does not send her hides off to be tanned. She says that she has something that she "dips and or puts" them in that cures them out very quickly. She said there is no shrinkage like you sometimes get from tanning and she has been doing it like this for going on 20 years now. She said that it takes her no more than 3 weeks to complete a full shoulder mount, considering she was working on only one at a time. Have any of you ever heard of the process she uses? Does this hold up over time? I have been told by several people that her work looks great and they would continue using her as long as she kept doing it. Just thought maybe I could get some helpful info before I jump into this with all four hoofs.