HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - heavies in a 22-250?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 03:46 PM
miasdaddy

Default RE: heavies in a 22-250?

soilarch,

I was just looking in my new Nosler book and the heaviest load they offer is the 60 gr. Nosler partition. And, assuming you are asking about the cost benefits of reloading for the .22-250, no you probably don't save that much money after your consider the cost of all your equipment. Reloading, as someone else said on this board somewhere, is a labor of love, and, if you're really patient and careful, is a labor that can reward you in precision/accuracy department. I've relaoded for about 8 years and have probably $500-$700 wrapped up in equipment. On the flip side of that, however, is the fact that I can drive tacks with my .22-250. I shoot the moly-coated 55 gr. v-max (Hornady) and can consistently put 3 shots in about .5 in or inside the same hole. I also reload for a number of other cartridges and love it.

If you completely disregard initial costs, you can save a lot of money reloading. Just calculate components cost and compare it to the cost of store bought shells. Advice, find a buddy who wants to give his stuff away (Ha!Ha!). You'll save a mint.

If you could buy a .243, you could shoot your 75 gr bullets quite well, though. Good luck!!