HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - big money taking your hunting ground?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:08 AM
alwyshntn

Default big money taking your hunting ground?

i am putting this out there just to see what it is like in other states where i am we are just starting to really see this. i guess here in MO we are fortunate to be somewhat of a sleeper state and havent been effected much yet. i know its discouraging to have hunted your neighbors land all your life and then have it stripped by big money. i completely understand the landowners view i mean if he doesnt hunt and need money. Hey times are tough. with all the land being bought up by outfitters and corporate hunting and out- of-staters paying to hunt these places it leaves a sour tatse in the locals mouth. i love going to hunt in Illinois but cant afford an outfitter so i hunt public ground and its absolutely fantastic. but when i go to town with my MO plates i get treated as though i had the plague by other hunters. dont get me wrong i've met alot of great people to. i know this is a touchy situation in some states i just want to know your point of view on this. i dont really have an opinion either way i guess. i do thind however that someday there wont be good land to hunt unless you've bought it or spend money to lease it or pay an outfitter to hunt it. if that does happen are sportsmen will diminish for lack of hunting opportunities. i wish we could go back to the simple times.