HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wasp SST Hammer Broadheads 100 gr
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Trebark
Fork Horn

Default Wasp SST Hammer Broadheads 100 gr

As I have just purchased these, this is just a preliminary review and not as detailed as those of 5Shot or Moonge. These broadheads are very well made, durable looking, and precise. All six gave a perfect spin test and flew true, with no flyers. Blades are pretty sharp, not as much as my Thunderheads, but very few are. The blades lock down securely into the ferral, much more so than Thunderheads. Shot off my MQ1, 62lbs, 29" draw length, on a 2413, these broadheads grouped so well at 25yds that I was constantly destroying fletching and nocks on the broadhead arrows and the field point arrows. I haven't done any penetration test, as I feel the broadheads ability to penetrate has more to do with the bow and arrow setup and tune, than the broadhead itself. With the razor-edged Trocar tip, lined up with the blades though, I don't foresee any problems penetrating.I am looking forward to using these this fall on whitetail, so maybe then I can give a successful field report. If anyone has any experience with these, good or bad, please feel free to add to anything I have found. I think anyone looking for a strong, very accurate fixed blade broadhead should give the Wasp a chance. You won't be disappointed!

Edited by - Trebark on 04/27/2002 12:23:07