HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rocket Steelhead 125 Screw In Broadhead
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 10:51 AM
moonge

Default RE: Rocket Steelhead 125 Screw In Broadhead

Thaninator yes some of the early mechanicals really sucked! the new ones are getting better. I like the rockets, rocky snypers & revolutions. I myself would not use a mechanical on a moose. just remember that any head will require some energy to open it's blades. when those blades pivot open depending on cutting diameter it drains energy from the arrow. I used some mechanicals last year (spitfires)and did not like them at all. now I do like the rockets a lot better and would use them on deer. if I was to use a mechanical for anything larger than deer it would be the rocky snyper, I like the rearward sliding blades they require a lot less energy to open. can someone take a moose with a mechanical? why yes they can! would I want to? hek no! I have never hunted moose but when it comes to something big I am going to use what I have the most faith in & that wouldn't be a mechanical. I think a major rule would be to use at least 65lbs of KE for anything elk size or larger. as always shot placement is the key, with a good tuned bow & proper shot placement I think you can take just about anything with some of the new mechanicals. as far as me....I would rather have a good head like a rocky mountain or muzzy.