HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt UltraTec Report!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Big Country
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt UltraTec Report!

WV Hunter, my experience with twin cam bows is much more than with one cams. Every twin cam that I set up is done the same way, and they always paper tune and shoot great. The one difference I am finding with setting up one cams is that I seem to have to throw the tiller out of even to paper tune them. I guess if I would just get it through my thick skull that the tiller does not have to be the same top and bottom, I will be OK. On this new UltraTec it was no different. The bow would not stop porpoising arrows no matter how much I moved the rest, or how much I played with poundage. As soon as I started moving the tiller around, I started getting results, just a couple of small moves and I was done.
I know very little about the PSE one cams, but I would suggest that you start with the tiller being even, then if need be make small tiller adjustments to finish the job. I personally like to see my arrow tear up and away from the bow at 6-8' from the paper. Even a tear of 1/2" does`nt bother me, as long as it turns into a bullethole by 15-20 yards. I know that many people like to bullethole up close, but I have found that for me, my groups are much tighter at longer distances if I go with the above setup.
I hope this helps out, and remember, when checking tiller on a one cam bow you cannot go from the string, you must run a piece of thread from one axle to the other and measure from it.