HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lee Reloading kit
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 06:30 PM
tula9130

Default RE: Lee Reloading kit

Ewolf...the kit comes with everything except a case length gauge + shellholder for the caliber you are gonna reload and the repective caliber dies.I strongly advise to get Lee modern Reloading manual,it`ll show you how to use the tools.Also when you order LEE dies go with the Deluxe Die set as it has a full length sizer + a Collet die for neck sizing which eventually you`ll want to neck size the cartridges for your favorie bolt rifle or single shot.Get the Factory Crimp die for that caliber also.

New brass should be full length sized but not tumbled.

The kit comes with a Lock Stud + Cutter.As mentioned above you gotta buy the Case length Guage and Shellholder for trimming,polishing,chamfering,and deburring.You screw the CL guage into the cutter,and the shellholder onto Lock stud.Then mount the Lock stud into an electric drill.As soon as the case comes out of the press you can trim,chamfer,deburr,and polish with steel wool in one step that takes about ten seconds.Nearly foolproof and easy.Just like JP4 said.

So...

1.Kit
2.dies...deluxe set if possible
3.CL Guage + shellholder for that caliber
4.bullet of choice
5.bullet puller(looks like a plastic hammer)
6.Factory Crimp die
7.Brass
Go to your local shop and pick up the correct primer and powder combo AFTER reading manual and getting to know the equipment.It costs too much to have powder and primers shipped to you because of Haz-Mat fees.

The Kit comes with nearly every priming shellholder you`ll need.I did have to buy a #16 primer shellholder for 7.62x54R however for my beloved Mosin-Nagant rifles.Don`t hesitate to ask questions...it is the way to learn.Noone taught me....I learned from the manual and it was not hard at all.Just careful reading.

It is expensive at first but after initial investment it ain`t.For instance....I can load up 50 243win cases with a Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmint 70gr bullet for a total of $15 easily.A box of factory ammo with the same bullet is nearly or over $20 a box.