HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - West Virginia Deer Hunting Hurting!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 04:20 PM
MasonsRidge

Default RE: West Virginia Deer Hunting Hurting!

I've seen more deer this year that I've ever had before, and I promise you guys, it'll get better next year. Josh, I hate to break the bad news to you but I've talked to hunters in Marshall County, Roane, Hampshire, Preston, Raleigh, Monongalia, Logan and Randolph counties and no one saw much of anything, only a few does and little "scrub" racks. The West Virginia DNR is pathetic, they are definately doing more harm than good for our deer hunting in WV. I understand that the mast was bad in a few areas of the state as well as the ever-growing coyote herds killing deer but when the state DNR is handing out extra permits and letting you kill does for 3 weeks, something has to give. West Virginia needs a antler restriction as well as cutting doe hunting down. I also understand that in certain counties people are seeing alot of does on private land but most private is posted and only allow family and friends to hunt their propert, therefore they won't kill off the does like they would if the does were on public land and opened to alot more hunters. It's NOT going to get any better if something isn't changed within our states deer hunting regulations.