HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Express arrows-enough!
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 07:03 PM
DoninVa

Default Carbon Express arrows-enough!

I bought a dozen CX 200 about 8 months ago. After shooting them about a month, I noticed they were getting splits up and down the shaft. They were about 4" from the tip. I talked to the guy where I bought them and he said, this was the third dozen he had in the last year. Told me to call Gametracker and if they wouldn't take care of them, he would. I called and after being told I should have used the CX300 and telling the "tech" he needed to chage HIS spine chart (I was right in the middle for CX200's) They gave me a new dozen. They seemed to be better. The new one's were a dark black and the old one's were a light dull black. After shooting them for a couple of month, I started getting a broken one every couple of days. I would pull from the target and when checking, I would find a split across the shaft and a little pressure would snap it like a pencil. I figured I was hitting the shafts with another shaft so I started shooting at different spots with each arrow. Still getting a broken arrow every now and then. My target is made from black board like most archery ranges have and I've shot several brands of arrows with no trouble. At 80.00 a dozen, I will have to try a different arrow and I'm through with Carbon Express[:@]. Don