HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question Re: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 vs Conquest 3-9x50
Old 12-22-2004, 07:31 PM
RedAllison

Default RE: Question Re: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 vs Conquest 3-9x50

Skeet I can vouch for the Warnes for sure. Mine are the small based variety and have been on a Wolverine that I bought over 10 years ago (I also have a fixed Warne smallbase in stainless that have been on a Custom Shop 700 280 since I got the gun in 98. They have held a VXIII 4.5X14X50 since day one without so much as a blink) Icould remove the scope for hunting in a nearby state that didnt allow them. But I quickly learned that they NEVER lost zero after I removed the scope each time I cleaned the gun. I literally have removed the scope 100s of times and have never had so much as one glitch. The biggest pain with the Warnes is the intial installation on the scope. Those vertical split rings are a PAIN to install, but WELL worth it if you ask me.

Now as for the "QRW" setup, Just last month I put a set on a new Savage smokeless. I used Weaver Grand Slam bases (steel) but the rings are the QRW variety Leupolds. I obviously havent had to remove the scope as I havent had to clean it yet (did I mention I LOVE this gun?) but I can say that the zero hasnt budged.

As for the "QR" Leupold setup, my brother has had a set on a Steyr of his for over a decade and it has given him 0 problems as well.