HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I wasting my time?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 09:26 AM
duckwhacker

Default RE: Am I wasting my time?

Guys,
Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of a deer sanctuary area but the only area that would accomadate it would be to close to the public lands. I agree that 12 hunters are too many but I have very little control over that because it is not my land. Actually since I have been managing the farm I cut it down from about 20 hunters. You should have seen the problems we had with hunters coming in from the Game lands. My friend had two of his steers shot, electric fences kicked down, hunters too close to the house, farm equipment damaged just to mention a few.
We do get a lot of pressure on the first day. But after that we have maybe 6 hunters on the property. Most of the pressure comes from the state game lands compared to the farm. Sometimes it sounds like a war in the game lands. Especially since PA put in the concurrent buck and doe season. Since then I have noticed less deer overall on the property.
I apprieciate all the advise. I may try a few things including bigger food plots and see what happens. If I don't see a noticeable difference in a couple years I may just call in quits.
Thanks again.