HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question Re: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 vs Conquest 3-9x50
Old 12-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Jackson Bowner
Fork Horn

Default Question Re: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 vs Conquest 3-9x50

I have just purchased an T/C Omega 50 cal. to replace my Pedersoli 72 cal dbl Kodiak. Just had Lasik corrective eye surgery and the trade off for now having 20/20 at a distance is that the surgery has changed my reading prescription. Cutting to the chase here....I can't see the end of my damn barrel anymore (hahaha) and need to have a ML that has a scope. I want to do this up right the first time and put a very good scope on it. I know there are many good scopes to consider, and I have narrowed it down to the Zeiss Conquest. However, I would be very interested in all your comments and suggestion about the 3-9x40 versus the 3-9x50. Do you think the 3-9x50 will appreciable increase the amount of light during low light conditions?? Low light is a major consideration and a scenario that is likely to occur. Would there be any problems mounting the 3-9x50 (or for that matter the 3-9x40) in terms of eye relief or any other limitations? Also I am interested in suggestions on scope mounts and rings. Is the Warne Maxima quick release worth considering? I have been floundering with these questions for a while now and am going to base my decisions on what the group thinks. Thanks to all of you for reading this and especially those that have provided input!