HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...
Old 12-20-2004, 06:56 AM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

Neck,

You are better off, so don't worry about it.

No matter how much we love hunting, no matter how great our passion for it, we should never put it above the more important things in life...like family and friends, God, and country. Once your priorities are in line, hunt 'til the cows come home.
Josh,

I agree with you there.

As far as women are concerned, if they don't share your passion for hunting, it's always best to meet their needs before your own. When the significant other is happy, everyone is happy. What I'm saying is prioritize...women always come before hunting. IMO.
But I disagree with you pretty strongly there as it appears most everyone else does. You are going to wind up being miserable if you always put your needs and wants behind those of your woman. Not to mention most women have no respect for a man that is so easily controlled and will typically wind up leaving him. Relationships are give and take for both parties. If you blanketly choose a woman over hunting then I would say that hunting doesn't mean as much to you as it does the rest of us. If a woman loved you then she wouldn't make you choose in the first place. Ask yourself do you really want to be with a woman that puts her feelings so far above your own? Secondly, 50% of the marrigaes in this country end in divorce. I never heard of hunting divorcing anyone. There are certainly times when you have to choose your woman over hunting and most of us know when that is. As others have said it's give and take and you need to give concessions to keep her happy as well. You have to give some things here and there and not go on hunts that you would have liked to etc. etc. but a blanket policy of the woman is always right, isn't the right answer either.