HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is the Ruger 204 Big enough for Whitetail
Old 12-17-2004, 05:42 PM
mossy33oak
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is the Ruger 204 Big enough for Whitetail

lol, i gotta at least get a funny remark in on this one since its such a hot topic. You know, its funny, i guess i am just the opposite (or at least my friends tell me I am) in the fact that, my only real debates about calibers is "Is it too big"? I was surfing the Winchester web site the other day, and caught myself staring at the "Safari" grade guns wondering,"I wonder if a 458 would be too big for whitetail?" So, I guess there are debateable calibers on both ends of the spectrum, and a whole lotta choices in the middle. Lets be reasonable, and TRY to realize what these guns were designed for. I cant imagine, a situation where a person (financially) would look at a .204 and think "Wow if I buy this gun, I wont have to buy anything else!" If you want a multi use gun, try the 25-06 or 270, both can be used for varmits, and can be used for bigger than varmit sized game. This opinion, was not directed at Drhunter or any other member here, just whomever actually thought about or did use it for deer.