HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Luck and Hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 05:35 PM
beaglefreak

Default RE: Luck and Hunting

As my grandfather always said"You gotta be in the right place at the right time".Talk about obvious!
I think it`s 50/50.
As many years that I`ve been deer hunting[about 24],it never siezes to amaze me,the situations I mean.
I`ve been on a week hunting trip,back to back years in the ADKS,N.Y.,during rifle season[in `97&`98],and the first year, hunted in an area for 6 days in a row without seeing a deer.I decided to move to different spot in this piece of woods for an evening stand,seen 2 doe and a 6 ptr within 25 minutes[tagged out].The same thing happened the following year,but that was 5 days of seeing nothing.
THAT WAS LUCK
Now that I learned more about ADK deer hunting,It has made me a more successful, knowledgeable,patient deer hunter.I bring this back home to Jersey, and these poor deer down here dont have a chance when I string up my laces.But dont get me wrong---I`m still learning!You could know more about deer than God,but that does`nt mean that you`ll be successful every time out.
SKILL DOESN`T HURT
No matter how young or old you are,You`ll still get lucky once in a couple years.And thats where all the good,sometimes funny stories come from.