HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Luck and Hunting
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 11:02 PM
JerseyJim
Typical Buck

Default RE: Luck and Hunting

Luck has a lot to do with it but I agree you can better your luck by doing the right things! Sometimes luck is against you no matter how perfect you plan and carry out your hunt! Other times luck throws you a bone when your doing everything wrong! One time while driving a piece of property with my old club a group of deer with 3 bucks came from behind the drivers and ran right into our drive! The club on the next piece over was driving also and sent thier deer into our drive! Thats luck! I once shot a doe while sitting on the tailgate of my truck eating lunch! Thats luck! I once stalked a 5 point for over 3 hours trying to get around him and get a clean shot. I got myself within 15 yards of him and he was looking for me in the opposite direction. There was some skill in that one but I saw him before I even got out of my truck! Thats luck! LOL! My buddy Mike is a buck magnet! We would do the same drive 2 or 3 times a year. Mike would always post in the same spot and always kill a buck! I had the same spot for a few of those drives and never shot a buck! Mike who is now in the spot I usually stand and see nothing kills another buck! Karma!!!!!!!!!!