HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It Never Stops
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Mite
Typical Buck

Default RE: It Never Stops

Hey, I'm just kinda depressed, been thinking too much about disability. I have to start thinking I'm not going to get it so I won't be that disappointed .

/Rant

SSA's blue book lists Systematic Vasculitis and Systematic Lupus (SLE)as diseases severe enough to disabled. The most dangerous form of SLE is when they develop CNS vasculitis, which I have. I can show 5 year history and show it will always be with me. So, under their guidelines, I'm disabled and I shouldn't even have to see a psych and be awarded SSDI automatically.

/end Rant

University hospital doctor's are always the best. Check them first. Universities always hire the brightest and most experience to teach. Initially, I saw 3 neurologists and they didn't know anything, one actually admitted it to me. Went to see a university neurologist and she nailed my dx.

Well anyways, there are other things people with disabilities can do. Alot of people with disabilities are now doing the ebay thing. Check out:

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/

Some people are selling one item a day and some 4-5 a day. At an average of $5-$10 profit/item (one lady is selling sewing books) that's $25-$50 a day to suppliment SSDI. Even if you sell one every other day, that's $5 *15 = $75/month extra. People go to used stores like salvation army stores to buy stuff then sell.

Well, I hope this helps and get people thinking of doing things other than being depressed. Remember, being disabled doesn't mean just giving up.