HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What a disaster
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 05:32 AM
lonewolf5347

Default RE: What a disaster

Striper Phil (What a disaster ) it happens ,I been in this sport now 40 years almost ,stop counting deer a long time ago 100 or more.I still love the venision and the tradition of getting together with old buddies of mine and my sons ,but it seems all good things do come to an end.Today I am going to a wake for a old buddie who past away last week in south carolina ,think the wake is up in scarsdale n.y. lost control of his truck and hit a tree,no one know yet what happen either he may have had a stroke while driving.
I think all hunting condition will change with every game you harvest no matter how good you are ,and you are correct it does feel good that you did make a clean mis on the deer ,and the deer will live another day.I my self have only (I think) lost 2 deer over the last 40 years ,both shots taken with a bow,but did my best part to recover the deer spent hours in the woods trying to pick up the blood trail,but there is so much you can only do on our part.
I think after this season is over I may be hanging up the sport for good seem I am loosing interest and hunting solo is not the best thing ,my sons all have there own things they do now,getting to hate the cold weather.