HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which has more recoil, the Short Mag or the non Short Mag
Old 12-09-2004, 11:18 AM
BareBack Jack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which has more recoil, the Short Mag or the non Short Mag

I have shot the 300 WSM owned several.IMHO my 30-06 in my 7600 kicked harder than the 300 wsm.
Now the diffrence between the 300 Win and the 300 WSM was noticble,could be the guns the 300 Win was in a plain jane Ruger and it hurt like a SOB.The short was in the super shadow and the Featherweight and I didn't realy notice.Could be the design of the guns,like Savages hurt me terible in mild calibers like 270 win and 308 win.I have a Mauser built in 416 Rem mag. and I laugh everytime I pull the trigger,it just makes me happy to shoot it.I had a Safari Winchester M-70 in 375 H&H that with 300 gr bullets you knew it was there but tolorable.I also had a 450 marlin in Marlin's guide gun I sold after three boxes of rounds,to lound and kicked like a mule.I shot a 338 ultra mag that was so mild it's on my to get list after X-mass.I also hunt with a .338 Win Mag almost exclusively.
So I have come to the conclusion that if the gun don't fit ya,no matter the round recoil is diffrent.Thats why I stay alot with Winchesters and Remingtons,only Browning I've shot was the BAR.
BBJ