HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nosler Ballistic Tips
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 01:29 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nosler Ballistic Tips

Like Seirra, Barnes, Swift...it is the manufacturer's name the precursor to the bullet design. The nosler partition is designed to retain weight and deep penetrate while the Ballistic tip is design to expand at long distances and lower velocities. Both are "NOSLER" bullets, that is where the similarities end!

They are an excellent thin skin game load in med cal up to standard .308's provided they are used as intended. First if you shoot short distances (under 100), aim for heavy bone (ie shoulders), or higher velocity chamberings than you should consider choose the nosler partition or similar! While the NBT will work it will expand very rapidly (like designed) which causes less penetration and lots of damage. If you aim for the ribs and shoot 100 plus mostly it is a perfect suited bullet for deer and will work as good as any other available. If you should happen to contact bone be advised it will kill a deer sized animal with no problems but it will also ensue some meat loss. I have harvested many a deer with various NBT's and they work wonderfully (big holes, lots of blood and very short tracks if at all). I have punched them through deer at close and far ranges and through the shoulder but mostly take rib shot of 100 or better. No one could convince me that they aren't an excellent deer bullet for my needs - accurate and the deer fold tent as quick as any bullet I have ever used.