HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Very Frustrated....Need Opinions Please
Old 12-06-2004, 12:42 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Very Frustrated....Need Opinions Please

Legal issues a side I agree your dad is probably more interested in developing a time to hang with the boys, it would be safe to assume the others may not share your passion or fuel for the hunt. As such Dad is using the best of his abilities to ensure all say "Yes" and enjoy this short time. The fact he build him up is nothing other than postive reinforcement, if he were to belittle how long do you think he would continue to partake in the family hunt? Also you should consider yourself extremely lucky that Dad took you and instilled the values of the hunt you have today, being your older you should cherish those times and all times you both spend together in your pursuit! It is a bond that should last a lifetime, my Dad use to say a family who plays together stays together!!!! Please don't take this post as rag on you but rather maybe you need to step back and re-evaluate what happened and why? Don't make a rash decision and tell Dad to take hike, if you feel you would be better on your own do so in a mature manner but do not tarnish a good relationship b/c dad was just trying to be DAD to all!

What we sometimes forget hunting is an individual sport filled with individualized goals, experiences, feelings and outcomes. Basically you make it what you want it to be and should be focusing more on what you do or did vs someone else. To me the competition lye within, I don't try to better or hold any ill feelings for another hunter choosing his method as long as it is within the legal limits of the area. While I may not share or voice opinion on the techniques used to hunt, it is their choice. As far as I am concerned if they aren't effecting my hunting than why should I say anything to desuade them from their style...each their own.