HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Very Frustrated....Need Opinions Please
Old 12-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: Very Frustrated....Need Opinions Please

We had this debate last week about shooting out the window and from the porch. I don't see anything wrong with it if the deer is coming up to the house, now baiting the deer so it DOES come up to the house to accomodate those guys is a little off whack, especially if it's illegal.

I think it does sound like a little bit of jealousy... I struggle with this from my dad and my younger (AND older) stepbro's. He gives them things I NEVER got, including cars, money, ellaborate gifts, etc... it frustrates me to high heaven's but what can I do? I just keep my mouth shut knowing it isn't going to make a difference anyway. It is probably just your dad's way of keeping their interest in the sport... at least they have SOME sort of an interest. I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with this and I hope it changes for you, or you learn to just let it slide, sometimes you have to. I can hardly imagine it's worth screwing up your relationship with your father. I would have to think that the glory and encouragement he is giving to the other boys is likely his way of encouraging them to continue hunting and keeping their interest. If I shot a nice deer and someone told me I "did it wrong" I'd say to hell with it and find a different hobby. JMO