HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Very Frustrated....Need Opinions Please
Old 12-06-2004, 08:58 AM
jpm8920
Fork Horn

Default Very Frustrated....Need Opinions Please

OK, here's my problem. I have been hunting with my father since I was 10 (I'm now 23). He taught me amazingly how to hunt, and I have turned into a pretty good hunter. My younger brother by 2 years was never as into it as me, which is fine, but if he had to hunt, he would still know what he was doing because of my pop. Anyway, my stepbrother, 16 years old, went up hunting with us this year, in addition to a couple of my friends who were also hunting for the first time. Well one of my friends shot a beautiful 7 pointer, and the other friend got nothing, but both guys hunted hard, which was great to see. My brother "hunts from the window" because he has never liked going out and our cabin in secluded on a mountain, so he can just go outside and shoot if he wants. My stepbrother goes out usually for about an hour and is usually back at the cabin right after the sun comes up. Well on the last day of our opeing week in NY, my step-bro shots a nice 8 pointer from the porch!!! I was furious. I don't see this as hunting at all. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my father has planted a food plot and put out tons of apples and corn in the clearing near my cabin. Anyway, my pop makes my step-bro out to be the great white hunter. I think this is ridiculous. I feel like my pop has completely lost touch of what hunting is all about. He still goes out hunting, but he says that if the other two guys aren't gonna go out, then at least they can get a deer this way. I don't think they deserve to shoot a deer, and I let my dad and everyone in camp know this. They think I am being ridiculous and then accused me of being jealous of him. I explained that in the past I have turned down the oppurtunity to even shoot a doe from the cabin and that jealousy had nothing to do with it. They just think that I'm being bitter. What do you guys think?? This is really causing a rift between my pop and I, and I really feel like I don't want to hunt with them next year because it annoys me everyday to see everybody fighting over who gets to hunt from the window that morning. Please help.