HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Worst season ever!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 08:32 AM
kansasdeerhunter
Fork Horn

Default Worst season ever!

Here's a rant on my horrible hunt:

Day 1 - Passed on some small does and a spike buck in the morning, only to arrive at my truck & find a note from 2 guys claiming they have exclusive rights to the area. So I call the owner and sure enough he leased it to them and forgot to mention it to me. Now I have to go hunt with my brother in his spot. That afternoon I saw a nice buck but he disappeared in the high CRP a couple seconds before I could shoot. That evening we talk with a local and find out everyone & their dog has been hunting our spots, any land around there that isn't leased (and that's not much) is getting slammed, and even if you lease it the tresspassing and stand stealing is rampant.

Day 2 - See nothing but squirrels

Day 3 - See nothing in the morning, decide to walk around trying to spook anything to my bro since we're heading back home in the afternoon. I spook that same buck & doe, but can't get a shot. So now I have to wait till next weekend to continue our hunt, I only pray we can get there early enough to beat anyone else.

The only positive thing that came from all this is we'll probably be lucky enough to lease up some land next year, great area, and its watched closely by the farmer (he lives on the property, raises cattle there, and checks it all regulary on his ATV)