HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - situation in Pa..
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 02:23 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: situation in Pa..

i agree with the hunting area thing being a factor....we get a large group of guys to drive out the larger pieces of land around here...not many deer are seen....not many there....signs there...but the deer dont stay there once the orage army is out to get them.......but when we loose the large group and have a few shooters and a few drivers and can sneak into the little holes behind houses and such we see TONS of deer and we start a war...thats where we get our deer from 75% of the time...we take a few deer in the large sets but most are laying right behind the houses......thats why i cant wait for the late flintlock season.......i know if i dont score saturday or maybe a day htis week if i got a day off work then flintlock season is when it will be....we know of alot of good bucks...legal 4pt to a side or better...just cant get them because every day random guys show up at the farm to tag along and we have more guys then we want...theres a few of us that do the drives every day we can...we dont like the big groups because we know it ruins our chances....big groups are nice to help on big drives..but thats not where the deer are....the deer numbers are down....but there still deer out there.....i like ARs..even though i passed on a buck yesterday because i couldnt tell if he was lega but i think he may have been....i think they are producing better bucks...but HR needs to slow....go back to the old doe season....or first week only or something...2 weeks of rifle hunting hammers them hard......we took enough....im not complaing...i plan to take a doe or 2 this year myself.....but not in the areas i know the numbers are WAY down......