HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters killed in WI!!
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 01:01 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Hunters killed in WI!!

Briman Listen, I support people having AR's and stuff. I have no problems with these guys. But when at the range, I just roll my eyes at some of these guys. Most I see don't hunt (which wierds me out, and I realize I have to understand not everyone is like me) and pretend they are GI Joe (which also wierds me out). I realize we all have to stick together so thats as far as I go knocking them. And I only do that inside our inner circle(gunpeople). Its easy to see its a "us and them" mentality between the hardcore hunters and military enthusist, same as serious smokepole shooters and centerfires hunters, or serious archers and gun only hunters. Now outside our inner circle we have, these people are one of us and our brotheren, and I will stand right beside of. I tried the military arms thing, and it wasn't for me. Just didn't see the need of owning guns that were more of a novelty than a actual sporting arm. I had the AK's, and a mini 14, even a mod 98 sniper rifle brought back during WWII. I figured out I like preparing for the hunt. And this didn't include repeaters. So sold them all. Hey if it makes you feel better, call em what you want. But if I see a guy with a SKS or this Saiga in the woods, I can't take him seriously as a hunter. Just some guy with a poor choice of firearms. Most with pressed metal.