HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I got some HORIBLE news
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 11:29 AM
deerhuntr107
Typical Buck

Default I got some HORIBLE news

Well, lets start with some background info. I hunt a property that is a popcorn farm with a big creek and woods row along the creek. I have hunted here for 4 years(as long as I have hunted) and have been on the trail of a non-typical buck that the first year would score in the 180-190 range, every year after that he has been over 200. Went in to pick up a fawn hide from the taxidermist, he hunts that property too, and he told me that the big nontypical had been killed. Bummer news to begin with. It got worse.
It seems the DNR took the rack after the guy who checked it in wasnt the guy who allegidly shot it, and wasnt the guy who signed it into the taxidermist bragging about killing it. So now the DNR has the rack of the buck whose rack this year scored in the 220 range and an investigation is underway as to what exactly is goin on.
Now, since it was poached, he wont get the recognition he deserves, and his rack will spend eternity in the DNRs possession
I called the DNR to conferm this and I told him what I heard and asked if that was true and if it was, what else could he tell me. All he did was say "cant tell ya nothin unless your directly involved in the investigation." and hung up on me. That ticked me off to. Not the he couldnt tell me anything, but that he hung up on me[:@]
This whole deal just sucks[:'(][:@]